In loom of the recent and persisting hurricane season I present a "Hacker's Olive Oil Lamp"!
YES, this lamp is ...
- Fun and simple to build
- Fun and simple to use
- Easy to Cleanup
- Gentle on environment
- Energy efficient (1 cup ~= 16 hours)
- Safe (flame smothers if lamp tips over)
- Heat near base
- Cost (household materials)
- Waste (Store and seal oil in lamp with jar top)
- 1x Pickle jar with lid
- 1x Washcloth 100% cotton
- 1x Steel wire (salvaged from paint can handle)
- 2x Cups of olive oil
- Needle nose plyers
You should check out my latest project, Remarkbox. It's a comment system that works everywhere, even static sites!